From: Pedro Becker via gem5-users <gem5-users@gem5.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 2, 2021 3:57 AM
To: gem5-users@gem5.org
Cc: Pedro Becker <pe...@ac.upc.edu>
Subject: [gem5-users] Re: Issue: Checkpoint in FS mode

Hi Sindhuja,

Are you using your own python script to configure the simulation?

If I'm not mistaken calling the /sbin/m5 checkpoint exits the m5.simulate()
(from the script), returning the exit_event (a string "checkpoint").
Then, your python script should capture that exit_event and create the
checkpoint. This is done in the default scripts (e.g., fs.py/Simulation.py)
with something like this:

exit_event = m5.simulate()
exit_cause = exit_event.getCause()
while exit_event == "checkpoint":
    m5.checkpoint(joinpath(cptdir, "cpt.%d"))
    exit_event = m5.simulate()
    exit_cause = exit_event.getCause()

But if you have your own python script, then you have to implement this
behavior yourself.

Best,
Pedro.