Hi

  Building GEM5 using scons generates an executable file gem5.opt. What if
I want to generate a static or dynamic library, which is either a .a or .so
file, instead of an executable?
  I have noticed that in SConscript under gem5/src, there is a
process to make all the object into an library, but I could not find any file
with .a or .so suffix under the build/ directory.

# First make a library of everything but main() so other programs can
# link against m5.
static_lib = new_env.StaticLibrary(libname, static_objs)
shared_lib = new_env.SharedLibrary(libname, shared_objs)

Thanks

Fengze