Hello,

If you are using *atomic* memory mode, then the tick number is mostly
ignored. If you're using *timing* mode, then the tick number should be used
by whatever object calls the read/write function and the delay is inserted
there. Also, if your program doesn't have a direct dependence on the I/O
device, the latency may be hidden. Enabling various debug flags should help
you track this down.

Cheers,
Jason