Hi Jason,

Thanks for the feedback. That was more or less the same conclusion I had...
I tried both and verified that they generate a very similar code, except
for the name of the variable.
Perhaps it's just for readability, who knows.

Thanks again, anyway!
Pedro.

Jason Z via gem5-users <gem5-users@gem5.org> escreveu no dia sábado,
12/02/2022 à(s) 06:08:

> Hey Pedro,
>
> I ran into a similar issue with naming like that with trying to create new
> instructions, and the best I could tell it seems like the XUR are for
> microops, but I'm honestly just guessing based on what I saw previously,
> and I ended up just using XBase since I was creating a store instruction
> and modeling it after an STRX64 instruction, so I tried to stick to that
> framework...
>
> Sorry I don't have a better answer, but if anyone else has any insight to
> any reference to their meanings, I'd be interested in it as well...
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Jason Z.

Pedro Henrique Exenberger Becker
Ph.D. Student at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya