Indeed there is a way to signal workbegin and workend from the program itself
with m5 ops. But I'm trying to avoid recompiling a whole bunch of code to make
it happen, though I can do that too. If there is a way to simulate workbegin
and workend from the command line great, otherwise no worries I'll implement
alternatives. Thanks for the responses!

    On Wednesday, March 9, 2022, 04:06:03 AM PST, Gabe Black