Hi Chant

On 5/20/22 16:34, Chant Zine wrote:
I had the same error. It seems a recent upgrade to GCC-11 cross compiler from
arm results in this error. The GCC-10 version would work.

Though not the culprit, I want to ask if there is a way to ensure to run 64-bit
emulated process.

As long as the binary is compiled for AArch64, the 64-bit process will be
automatically chosen

As I understand, ArmISA.py was not exposed into configuration files. So if I
don't change these py (which seems to require recompilation of gem5),  I will
be running the default ArmISA in the SE simulation with following features
class ArmDefaultSERelease(ArmRelease):
   extensions = [
       'CRYPTO',
       # Armv8.1
       'FEAT_LSE', 'FEAT_RDM',
       # Armv8.2
       'FEAT_SVE',
       # Armv8.3
       'FEAT_FCMA', 'FEAT_JSCVT', 'FEAT_PAuth',
       # Other
       'TME'
   ]

But is there control over AArch64 vs ARMv7 32bit? Is ARMv7 only existing in
older versions of Gem5?

As mentioned before, in syscall emulation the execution mode is automatically
detected from the guest binary. Regarding your second question, gem5 implements
Armv8. Armv8 does support 32bit mode anyway; it is called AArch32 and it is
more or less Armv7 compatible. So yes, it is possible to run arm 32-bit
binaries in gem5

Kind Regards

Giacomo

On Mon, May 9, 2022 at 10:12 AM Jason Lowe-Power