On 12/26/2022 9:24 AM, Eliot Moss via gem5-users wrote:
In my experience, you need a checkpoint from an N cpu
system to restore in an N cpu system.  That is, the
checkpoint contents depend on the number of cpus and
are not interchangeable.  If I'm wrong about this,
I would be happy to be corrected!

PS: One reason this is true is that the checkpointed OS
has information in it about the number of cpus, what is
scheduled where, etc.  All of this information is in the
memory state that is part of the checkpoint.

Restoring from a checkpoint is definitely not the same
as an OS reboot, which detects the number of cpus and
builds OS tables accordingly.

Best - Eliot Moss