Dear gem5-ers -- Does this issue sound familiar?  Could it be a bug
that's been fixed and that I get because I'm running with an older
version of gem5?  (Apparently 21.0.0.0.)

The failing instruction seems to be (x86 64):

mov 0x283a8a(rip),rax

which occurs in function _dl_catch_error in glibc 6.

The bytes of that instruction are (in hex): 48 8b 05 8a 3a 28 00
Exec debug flag printing of the instruction shows it decoded properly.
So how could its initiateAcc function be zapped?

Btw, when diving into this sort of thing with gdb (debugging gem5,
not the program being simulated), I have not been able to find a way
to get at DynInstPtr referents when in gdb.  Is there a trick to
printing / accessing fields of DynInst and StaticInst instances via
their respective Ptr types?  The * and -> operator seem to be
unknown to gdb on those Ptr types.

Regards - Eliot Moss