Hi Everyone,

I’ve been trying to use KvmCPU in gem5 simulation; however, when I try to run I
get the output below with PerfKvmCounter::attach failed (2) error.

I’m running gem5 on an Azure VM with Ubuntu 20.04. I’m trying to run the
vSwarm-u suite for serverless architecture.

I have found a proposed fix on a previous thread that said to 'echo -1 >
/proc/sys/kernel/perf_event_paranoid’ on the host machine. I have done this
(assuming the host machine means the VM I’m running gem5 on or does it mean the
bare metal host?) but there has been no changes to the output message.

Any help or ideas about how to go about this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Atlas