Hi Priyanka,

I am assuming you don't see any new instructions in the "trace.out" after a
specific time. My understanding is that since this program is run
in full system mode (bare metal), even when the program finishes the
simulation loop still keeps executing (simulating the bare metal system).
One possible option, I think, is to add an m5 instruction (
https://www.gem5.org/documentation/general_docs/m5ops/) at the end of your
program which will move the control from C++ simulation loop to the python
run script where you can terminate the simulation yourself. Another option
is to set the maximum time the simulation should run for by passing a tick
value to the m5.simulate() call.

-Ayaz