Hello,

I am trying to use the current version of gem5 in full system mode
interactively (--interactive) to be able to dump or reset statistics while
connecting to the simulated console with m5term [1] (--listener-mode) to
trigger the execution of executables. The goal is using gem5 in a
co-simulation and being able to execute (multiple) binaries at arbitrary
points in time during the simulation and getting binary-specific statistics
after their execution. I use [2] as starting point but I can't change
workloads in the python script and rerun the simulation because this would
simulate another system instead of simulating another executable in the same
system. At the moment I am not able to trigger the execution of binaries
with m5term and getting the statistics with the interactive mode, instead I
always get empty statistics. My question is whether this setup of gem5 and
m5term is able to generate statistics and if so, how to get them?

Best regards,

Sebastian Weber

[1] https://www.gem5.org/documentation/general_docs/fullsystem/m5term

[2]