From: VIPIN PATEL via gem5-users <gem5-users@gem5.org>
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2023 7:48 PM
To: gem5 users mailing list <gem5-users@gem5.org>
Cc: VIPIN PATEL <patelvipi...@gmail.com>
Subject: [gem5-users] Unavailability of GPU_RfO and GPU_VIPER_Region protocol
in gem5 v21

Caution: This message originated from an External Source. Use proper caution
when opening attachments, clicking links, or responding.

Dear All,

The GPU_RfO and GPU_VIPER_Region protocol were part of the gem5
v20.1.0.5<https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5/+/refs/tags/v20.1.0.5/src/mem/ruby/protocol/>
 but were removed from
v21.0.0.0<https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5/+/refs/tags/v21.0.0.0/src/mem/ruby/protocol/>
 onwards.
The removal of these protocols is not mentioned in the release
notes<https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5/+/refs/tags/v21.0.0.0/RELEASE-NOTES.md>.
I had a few queries:
a) Are these protocols merged into other protocols or deprecated?
b) Can we port the Ruby and SLICC state machine files for GPU_RfO and the Viper
protocol to a newer version of Gem5? What engineering challenges need to be
addressed?

Regards,
Vipin