On 3/31/2023 3:26 AM, G via gem5-users wrote:
Hello,

GEM5 seems C++ wrapping Python, means C++ is on top.
I can easily debug with gdb setting in VSCODE, but anyone knows how to debug into those emeded python codes?
Such as se.py?

Personally, I have found adding in print statements to do
pretty well when I have a python code issue needing exploration.
I know it's "old school", but it's typically straightforward.
Not all debugging needs a GUI tool.

(Likewise, I find gdb, or udb (the Undo debugger, a commercial
product that academics can obtain for free, and which can wind
backward and forward through an execution) to serve me well on
the C++ code.)

Best wishes - Eliot Moss