On 6/10/2023 7:47 AM, Vincent Abraham via gem5-users wrote:
Hi everyone,
I want to change some of the parameters like tREAD, tWRITE, etc. in the NVM_2400_1x64 class. I tried to create a new subclass for it but I wasn't able to pass the class by name in the mem-type parameter in fs.py. And even with changing the parameters in the existing class itself, it seems like the values aren't getting updated when I try to print some of them in the MemConfig.py file. It would be great if someone could help me fix this.

You can actually change them on the command line by using:

--param fullNameOfParameter=DesiredValue

If you look in a config.ini file from a run you can see the
full name of the component written out; add .nameOfParameter
to that to get the full name of the the parameter.  Some
parameter values need quotes around them (as I recall,
ones that are strings as opposed to number when used in
python).

To be able to mention the class by name in fs.py you may
need to edit Options.py or MemConfig.py.

Some of these are more deeply embedded into the compiled
code and changes require a rebuild.

HTH - Eliot Moss