Hi Srikanta,

In the past, I've been able to run pthreads mutex with ruby using Arm and FS mode. By default, pthreads use syscalls to the OS to sleep or wake up threads. As far as I know, FS does not work with RISCV. Therefore, you could try to select the pthread mutex type to spinlock to avoid having sleeps and wakes up from the OS. Notice that if you set spinlock, you should never instantiate more threads than cores (oversuscription). Otherwise you can have temporal deadlocks and starvation.

Regards,

Víctor.