On 7/6/2023 12:48 PM, John Smith via gem5-users wrote:
I've looked into the schedule() function which is used to schedule events. But can this function be used to simulate delays?

Not by itself.  You schedule an event at something like curTick() + 100.
When the event happens, a function gets called.  So, the last step you
do before your wait is to schedule the event.  The event handler is a
new function that does the rest of the steps.  And any state you'll need
will need to be available, etc.

I guess my point is that it's doable, but non-trivial.  You can't just
pause the gem5 code and pick it up again - it's an event driven system.

EM