On 8/14/2023 3:47 PM, Khan Shaikhul Hadi wrote:
Instead of directly connecting all level 1 caches ( icache, dcache etc) to CPU and next level bus, I want to create a controller module that will have all those caches . This controller module will receive all cpu requests and distribute them to caches. Similarly it will receive all requests to next level caches and send them to next level cache. The reason I want to do such a thing because, for my current work, I need to observe requests and responses from caches and modify them based on some protocol. Initially I thought of modifying the caches all together, but that became more complicated and I thought if I could connect those caches within a module, that would simplify things without sacrificing any performance modeling of the caches. Problem is I could not figure out how to connect the cache simobject cpu and mem side port with the internal port of the controller module.

Best
Shaikhul

I'd be tempted to make a new subclass of CommMonitor and interpose instances between modules. You could keeps the stats capabilities or not.

Regards - EM