On 11/21/2023 12:16 PM, Arth Shah via gem5-users wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm running a benchmark on the O3CPU model (aarch64) and see something strange that I wasn't able to understand. I see a lot of Squashed loads and stores in the LSQ but it doesn't seem like it is due to branch misprediction or Cache blockages. What else could cause this magnitude of squashes in LSQ?

cpu.lsq0.squashedLoads       657977
cpu.lsq0.squashedStores      1386633

cpu.lsq0.blockedByCache            0
cpu.iew.branchMispredicts           31

I haven't dug into the code, but I wonder what happens
on a TLB miss / page fault.  The load/store might be
part way through the process and then get squashed ...

EM