Hello,

Thank you very much for your response. I appreciate your assistance, and I made
an effort to understand the code, which provided me with a better understanding.

 However, I couldn't determine the exact origin of the packet sent by
sendTimingResp() for it to be received by recvTimingResp().

I defined a counter and counted the number of times handleFill() was called in
the last-level cache. This count was equal to
system.l2.overallMshrMisses::total and system.mem_ctrls.dram.numReads::total. \
The last-level cache is L2, and the prefetcher is disabled.

Based on this, can I conclude that whenever handleFill() is used in the
last-level cache, a block is evicted from the last-level cache, and a clean
block is brought from the main memory to the last-level cache?\
\
Thank you,\
Zahra Moein