On 12/27/2023 9:53 PM, Arka Maity via gem5-users wrote:
Hi All,

My ruby configuration instantiates multiple ruby networks, Memtesters, and CHI controllers. When I start, the simulation, I encounter the following warning.

Warning: flat edge between adjacent nodes one of which has a record shape - replace records with HTML-like labels\n Edge system_cpu3_data_sequencer_in_ports -> system_cpu5_port\nError: lost system_cpu5_port system_cpu3_data_sequencer_in_ports edge\n'

warn: failed to generate dot output from <path to dump>/config.dot.

These warnings are preceded by a huge dump of what looks like a part of the
above config.dot file.

When I change the number of Memtesters (instantiated as system.cpu….) The warning disappears. Any ideas, on how to resolve this? Sorry, I am unable to recreate this issue on a simpler configuration.

This seems to be something deeply technical in dot, a graphviz tool.  See this,
for example:

https://forum.graphviz.org/t/why-does-this-link-not-show-up-in-this-graph/258

Since it has to do with the layout of the graph, changing the number of nodes, etc., certainly could affect it. I think for gem5 purposes, we (you) can probably live with it, just realizing that some edge that is supposed to be there won't be. The program / script that sets up to call dot might possibly be changed to do some things in a different way to avoid this, of course.

Hope this helps, at least with understanding what is going on.

Eliot Moss