Hi Folks,

I am attempting to get a better handle on the statistics collection within the
cache protocols, and one thing I noticed while browsing around the MOESI AMD
protocol was that some functions, such as functionalRead/Write,
checkResourceAvailable and recordRequestType are defined, but never
specifically invoked within the .sm protocol itself. I note that there do seem
to be default versions of these functions elsewhere within the Ruby/SLICC
filesystem, and that these definitions may be overriding the original
definitions. However, I am having trouble reconciling where these functions are
being called then. As an example, after running a traffic generator on a setup
using the MOESI_AMD_Base protocol, I can clearly see cacheMemory statistics
that come from the recordRequestType function, but I am having trouble
understanding how and where this happens (since it is not happening directly in
the .sm file, and a browse through the codebase has left me stuck). Any help is
appreciated, Thank you