Hi,

I’m trying to add virtual networks to the existing Garnet protocol. Currently,
it has 3 virtual networks for request, forward and response from what I see and
I want to add three/etc. more virtual networks (lets say 3,4,5) to trigger
additional traffic. For achieving this, I have added additional message buffers
for each new vnet in src/mem/ruby/Garnet-standalone-cache.sm and
src/mem/ruby/Garnet-standalone-dir.sm, updated the corresponding inports and
outports for these message buffers and the enqueue/dequeue action for each of
them. However, it doesn’t work, as in the dequeue operation fails. I have made
additional changes to *.py files as well in configs to support the directory
and cache controllers to the network. The other option I see doing this is
adding more event types and changing the traffic to force it on the extra
vnets. Is this a viable option? Or am I missing something in my first approach?

-Asmita