Hi,

1. The intervals/number of instructions into the program will not be valid
because the starting point changed. The instruction counts from 0 when
restoring the checkpoint, so the distance from the start to the simpoint
changed because, originally, the simulation was starting from the beginning
of the program, but now it starts from a point of the execution. So, you
are right, you will need to adjust the values relative to the instruction
count to when the checkpoint was taken. The subtraction looks about right
to me.

2. As long as there isn't an exit event scheduled, gem5 shouldn't exit the
simulation before running the entire length when you restore a checkpoint.