Hello, team!
Recently, I have been trying to use the Parsec and spec2017 benchmarks in the
tutorial in Gem5 ARM. However, I have seen in the tutorial that building images
with specific benchmarks involves trying out specific. json configuration
files. Due to my unfamiliarity with these configuration files. So I plan to use
other methods to achieve this goal.
1. For the Parsec benchmark, I have seen someone try to cross compile on the
x86 platform, and then mount the corresponding image to directly CP the
generated executable file into the image. I have tried this method,
specifically by https://github.com/arm-university/arm-gem5-rsk Provide.
However, some benchmarks may not run successfully.
2. So I plan to try using the method of downloading new applications from the
image later, directly moving the Parsec resources into my image, and then
using/usr/sbin/chroot mnt/bin/bash to mount the image to the current root
directory. I plan to compile it directly in the image because I believe there
is already a compilation tool for gcc aarch64 in the disk image, so I don't
need to install gcc aarch64 separately, which is more convenient and easier for
me to understand. And later on, when conducting the spec2017 benchmark
experiment, I also plan to use this method to directly copy CPU2017.ios into
the image and compile it (which may involve scaling and other operations)
I haven't tried the second method of the above two methods yet, and I'm not
sure if it will be successful at the moment. The purpose of this email is to
inquire about the team's assessment of the feasibility of the second method and
whether there is a better way for me to complete these benchmark tests in the
fs simulation of Gem5 ARM. Thank you for your help!