Hi Brian,

Thanks for your review. While having an identical T value in both pre
and post-repair reports would simplify the comparison, it seems a better
idea to me not to mandate it. Depending on the scenario, different T
values may be needed and/or be more useful in pre and post-repair
reports. At the end, using identical T values is still perfectly OK with
the draft.

Thanks again and happy new year.
-acbegen

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer
for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).
you may receive.
Document: draft-ietf-avt-post-repair-rtcp-xr-04.txt
Reviewer: Brian Carpenter
Review Date: 2008-12-15
IETF LC End Date: 2008-12-24
IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Comments:

This is very clearly written.

>   o  thinning (T):  4 bits
>      The amount of thinning performed on the sequence number space.

Is there any value in suggesting that T should be identical for
Pre-repair and Post-repair Loss RLE Reports? That would seem to make
pre- and post- comparisons more meaningful.