Excerpts from Giyeong Son on Mon, Apr 20, 2009 11:35:14AM -0400:
> For instance, for a dual-mode device at home with WiFi and IP over
> cellular available (e.g. CDMA, GPRS/EDGE, etc), combination of
> various network characteristics in it would be the major factors to
> determine either WiFi or cellular for packet transmission. My point
> here is how to present those factors into the routing policy in
> order to determine a suitable interface with the type of *DATA or
> PACKET* for the transmission would be one of  the important
> technical side to be discussed in terms of simultaneous use of
> multiple interfaces.

I think it's partially in scope.  I think of MIF as figuring out how
to resolve conflicts or gaps in information and storing information in
a way that it can be useful to forwarding.  It does not cover how
forwarding would actually use that information.