I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document..........:  draft-ietf-sipcore-presence-scaling-requirements-02
Reviewer..........:  Christian Vogt
Review date.......:  September 22, 2009
IESG Telechat date:  September 24, 2009

           that should be fixed before publication.

This document describes requirements for SIP/SIMPLE optimizations,
primarily to address scalability issues that have been observed for
SIP/SIMPLE deployments.

The document is well-written and concise, and it is basically ready for
publication.  Two comments, though, which the authors may want to
consider:

- It would be worth mentioning in the introduction of the document what
   the expected result of this document should be.  Obviously, we are
   expecting (or hoping for) an improvement in the scalability of
   SIP/SIMPLE, but this should be made explicit.  Also, do we have
   estimates of how much SIP/SIMPLE will improve?

- The document only talks about "optimizations" to which the defined
   requirement should apply.  How about other types of protocol
   enhancements, such as functional extensions?  Wouldn't the defined
   requirements apply to those just as well?

Good luck with the publication!

- Christian