Hi,

The main thing you are missing is an explanation of how you will
achieve interoperability.
The charter calls for specification of the encoding and transport of
the information between points in the system:
> > (3) encoding and transport of (pre-)congestion information
> >   between the interior and domain egress
> > ... and ...
> > (5) encoding and transport of (pre-)congestion information
> >   between the egress and the controlling domain ingress

How will the information get from the interior to the domain egress,
if the PCN processing for the interior node is implemented by vendor A
and the PCN processing for the domain egress node is implemented by
vendor B? In what message format will vendor A send it so that it can
be interpreted consistently by the receiver, regardless of which
vendor implements the receiver? What format validation shoudl be
performed by teh receiever, what conditions constitute a receiving
error, and what error codes should be returned by the receiver that
will be understood by the sender?

Ditto for the players in 5)

The specification as written seems imcomplete because it does not deal
with specifying the encoding and transport of the information. Am I
just missing it, or is it really just not there? An information model
can help to understand the properties of the data to be transported,
but it doesn't really solve the problem of transporting the data in a
standardized, interoperable manner. You will need to work hard to
convince me that there is strong TECHNICAL justification for not
providing REQUIRED (or at least RECOMMENDED) protocols and message
formats/data models involved. I would likely need to work hard
subsequently to convince the IESG.

If the problem is that the WG has no energy, we can solve that in a
much simpler way than updating these documents - we can just close the
WG. If the WG doesn't have enough energy to complete these documents
first, we can abandon the documents. That could save everybody a lot
of time - WG editors, WG reviewers, WG chairs, the AD, IETF Last Call
reviewers from various directorates, the IESG, IANA ...

I think the Internet would benefit from this technology, and I would
consider abandoning these documents at this point an awful waste of
time, given how much work has been put into them already, so I
STRONGLY encourage the WG to find the energy to complete their
agreed-upon deliverables, but if it is WG consensus to abandon them, I
guess I would have to accept that WG consensus.

David Harrington
Director, IETF Transport Area
ietf...@comcast.net (preferred for ietf)
dbharring...@huaweisymantec.com