On Sep 1, 2014, at 4:20 PM, Rahman, Akbar <akbar.rah...@interdigital.com> wrote:

> Hi Martin/Kathleen/Barry,
>

> We fixed one small but important point (in groupcomm-24):
>
>   o  Clarified in section 2.6.1.2 (Configuring Members) that ABNF rules
>      from Section 3.2.2 of [RFC 3986] should be used for the IP address
>      parsing.
>

> Can you please review and tell us if you have any remaining comments on the
> document?

[...]

Hi,

Here's an update to my Gen-ART review at the IETF last call of version 21:

think there are still a few minor issues and nits that might be worth
considering prior to final publication.

Note: Much of my original review has been addressed, especially through the
move to experimental. I quoted comments from that review below. I removed those
that did not seem to warrant further comment, and added a few additional
comments.

> **** Major issues:

None. All major issues from my previous review have been addressed.

[...]

> **** Minor issues:

[...]

> -- 2.6:
>
> I think the Resource Directory reference needs to be normative.  (I see the
> discussion of this from Barry's AD review, where the authors argued that the
> reference is optional for implementations. But our definition of normative
> references also includes things necessary to fully understand this draft.
> Fully understanding even optional features is part of that.)
>

> -- 2.7.1, 2nd paragraph:
>
> Does this imply a need to coordinate pre-configured group addresses to avoid
> collisions?
>
> -- 2.7.2.1: 2nd 2 last paragraph:
>
> Are there any scenarios where a missing port might be determined from DNS,
> rather than just assuming the default?
>
> -- 2.7.2.6, 1st paragraph: "This operation MUST only be used to delete or
> update group membership objects for which the CoAP client, invoking this
> operation, is responsible"
>
> Do I understand correctly that this replaces the entire set? Is it possible
> for two different clients to be responsible for two different subsets? If so,
> how?

It's more clear to me now that this replaces the entire set. It's still not
clear if different clients can manage different subsets.

[...]

> **** Nits/editorial comments:

[...]

> -- 2.2, 4th paragraph: " ... it is recommended ..."
>
> Was that intended as normative?
>
> Along those lines, I see a number of sections where 2119 words are used in
> lower case where it looks like they were not intended as normative (e.g.,
> where you talk about normative requirements from RFC 7252), but in other
> areas it's not as clear (like this one.) It would be best to either avoid
> lower case versions of 2119 words, or make it very clear whether they should
> be interpreted normatively or not.

I see there is a new disclaimer in the 2119 section, pointing out that lower
case words are not normative. Personally, I don't like that approach, because
1) It's confusing, and 2) lots of people ignore such disclaimers. But that's
just a personal opinion, and I've seen an number of RFCs that do exactly this.

[...]

> -- 2.7.2.1, paragraph after examples:
>
> You mention an optional port for "a" attributes, but not for "n" attributes.
> The BNF for group-name seems to allow an optional port. (and you mention an
> optional port for "n" later.

[...]

-- Additional Nit:

You have several citations to RFCs that include a space in the tag (i.e. [RFC
XXXX] ), while the references do not have the space (i.e. [RFCXXXX]).