On 30 Oct 2014, at 12:02, Jari Arkko <jari.ar...@piuha.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the review, Vijay. Authors/shepherds, do you have any responses to
> Vijay’s question below?
>
> Jari
>
> On 29 Oct 2014, at 22:15, Vijay K. Gurbani <v...@bell-labs.com> wrote:
>
>> I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
>> Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
>> <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.
Thank you very much for the review.

>> Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
>> you may receive.
>>
>> Document: draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel-12
>> Reviewer: Vijay K. Gurbani
>> Review Date: Oct-29-2014
>> IETF LC End Date: Oct-23-2014
>> IESG Telechat date: Oct-30-2014
>>
>> This document is ready as a Proposed Standard.
>>
>> Major: 0
>> Minor: 1
>> Nits: 1
>>
>> Minor: 1
>> - S3.1, U-C 1: Why is it important to specify tha "there may be no
>> SRTP media channels, or all SRTP media channels may be inactive"?
>> It seems to me that all you care about is data channels, not
>> media channels.  As such, retaining the last phrase ("there may also
Right. However, we wanted to make sure that there is no assumption
on the number of concurrent RTP flows. There are scenarios where
you will have no concurrent flow, scenarios where you have some,
but they are inactive, and also scenarios where you have concurrent
active RTP flows.
>> be reliable data channels in use") suffices, no?
We wanted to make clear that they might be reliable channels in
parallel to unreliable ones.

>> (Same comment for S3.2, U-C 3).
>> (Same comment for S4, Req. 1.  This makes me wonder if I am missing
>> something germane here with respect to you listing the availability
>> or unavailability of SRTP media stream
>> s/channels.  If so, please
>> let me know.)
No, I don't think you are missing anything. We just wanted to stress the
point that there should be no hidden assumptions.
Side note: There was a point of time where you could not set up a
peer connection in a browser implementation which did not had at
least one media channel...

>> Editorial nits:
>> - S6.4, opening paragraph:
>>  s/One strong wish is/It is advantageous/
Fixed.

Please let me know if the above addresses your comment.

Best regards
Michael