Hi Pete,

    It's a reasonable question.  I think the document serves a number of purposes:

- It has been the document that has been guiding the scope of the solutions being worked in the WG this is the one that I think you are keying off of.

- It also serves a long lived purpose to help those learning / new-to detnet,  to understand the types of applications that can be supported by DetNet. Again this is about DetNet scope, but learning about it in the future rather defining it now.

- The final value I think about (I'm sure others have their own list)  is that it allows those WG contributors who are users ensure that their concerns are addressed by the WG.  For them, this document covers both their contribution and provides a long term reference to the problems they expect to be served by the technology, both in the short term deliverables and as the technology evolves in the future.

If you think the Shepherd write up needs to say more, I'm very open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Lou