Robert, thanks for your review. Mark, thanks for your responses. I entered a
Yes ballot. I have a comment below regarding the RFC 6838 reference.

> On Nov 26, 2019, at 9:32 PM, Mark Nottingham <m...@mnot.net> wrote:
>

>> On 27 Nov 2019, at 1:13 pm, Carsten Bormann <c...@tzi.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 27, 2019, at 02:56, Mark Nottingham <m...@mnot.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> Do we expect most readers to be comparing the documents so closely? This is
>>> an 'obsoletes', not an 'updates'.
>>
>> Speaking for myself as a reader only: Yes.
>
> My concern is that every time we add text to a document, we increase the
> cognitive load for readers; adding the reasoning for *every* decision and
> change expands a page of text into 2 to 3 (or more), so we need to impose a
> filter of some sort.
>
> The requirement in question is:
>
> "Media type definitions (as per [RFC6838]) SHOULD specify the fragment
> identifier syntax(es) to be used with them"
>
> It was removed because it was misleading (6838 doesn't make such a
> requirement a SHOULD), and the focus of this update was to reduce the number
> of unnecessary requirements.

I think a good solution here would be to add a sentence along the lines of the
sentence above to the shepherd write-up. That way the rationale for the
substitution is captured in the document’s history but not in the document
itself.

Thanks,
Alissa