Thanks for these notes, Pete. I incorporated these fixes into the -08 (but
apparently neglected to write and say so at the time).

Jon Peterson
Neustar, Inc.

    Document: draft-ietf-stir-passport-divert-07
    Reviewer: Pete Resnick
    Review Date: 2020-01-09
    IETF LC End Date: 2019-12-02
    IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

    While I found the document (and particularly section 4) very technically
dense,
    I think the detail will help implementers tremendously. Nothing other than a
    few editorial issues.

    Major issues: None

    Minor issues: None

    Nits/editorial comments:

    Section 3, paragraph 1:

                                                                   Note that
       a new PASSporT is only necessary when the canonical form of the
       "dest" identifier (per the canonicalization procedures in [RFC8224]
       Section 8) changes due to this retargeting.  If the canonical form of
       the "dest" identifiier is not changed during retargeting, then a new
       PASSporT with a "div" claim MUST NOT be produced.

    Seems to me that these two sentences should be in their own paragraph. It
took
    me a second to figure out that the following sentence was not related to
these.

    Section 4:

       ...Other using protocols of PASSporT

    Don't you mean "Other protocols using PASSporT"?

    Section 4.2, paragraph 2:

    I think you mean "necessarily", not "necessary"