Dear Christer

Thanks for your feedback.

The response from my co-author Erik Wilde and myself is included below and
posted at https://github.com/ietf-wg-httpapi/linkset/issues/63

I plan to make updates as suggested for Q4 and Q5 soon, and as such would
appreciate it if you could let us know whether OK.

Greetings

Herbert Van de Sompel

======

Q1: The I-D went through the HTTPAPI WG tagged as intended to be published
as an Informational RFC. It do not remember suggestions to go down a
different path. Maybe @richsalz <https://github.com/richsalz> @darrelmiller
<https://github.com/darrelmiller> have an opinion on whether or not
Informational is inappropriate?

Q2: The I-D defines the application/linkset+json media type and leverages
an established technique (provision of context as per as per Section 6.8 of
the W3C JSON-LD
Recommendation(https://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-json-ld-20140116/#interpreting-json-as-json-ld)
to allow that JSON to be interpreted as JSON-LD. This approach allows
communities of use to specify a context that best serves their needs and
does not require imposing specific vocabularies.

Q3: Yes, the sentence you suggest would work, although the "based on the
syntax" bit might be interpreted as "that syntax with a few twists". I feel
that the existing sentence does not leave such room for interpretation. A
matter of preferred style, I guess.

Q4: The term document format doesn't sound quite appropriate, indeed. I
suggest replacing the sentence:

Therefore, this specification defines two document formats that serialize
Web Links and their attributes.

by the following sentence that matches the terminology used in the Abstract:

Therefore, this specification defines two document formats for representing
sets of Web Links and their attributes as stand-alone documents.

Q5: I suggest replacing the sentence:

One serializes links in the same format as used in HTTP the Link header
field, and the other as a JSON object.

by:

One serializes links in the same format as used in HTTP the Link header
field, and the other serializes links in JSON.