On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 2:28 AM, Susan Spencer <susan.spen...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've seen Japanese text books which have happy, healthy, young
> male and female faces that are utilized to comment upon the text.
> More like Ash from Pokemon (not the Nurse, lol!)
> Why couldn't the personification of Wikipedia a pair of
> happy, healthy, young people, a male and a female?
> Always seen together, side by side?

This is a lovely idea.   It reminds me of the Transnational College of
LEX, which has produced some surprisingly excellent science texts for
young people.  The young people who populate their books (like 'Who is
Fourier?' which competently teaches 7th graders Fourier Analysis) are
charming and both geographically and linguistically diverse :-)

http://www.lexlrf.org/Our%20CDs%20&%20Books/TCL.htm

They have a limited US presence, in Boston and San Francisco.  It
would be worth reaching out to them -- they may be interested in
helping out directly, and could certainly recommend willing artists.

SJ