hmmm. okay. you can delete that part if you want. this is just a rough
draft, and i'm assuming together we can come up with something that is
accurate and positive. thanks for pointing that out pete.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 1:56 PM, Pete Forsyth <petefors...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 24, 2011, at 10:11 AM, Sandra ordonez wrote:
>
> > What language can we include so that we feel safe about sharing personal
> stories here, or opinions?
>
> Hi Sandy and all,
>
> I love the Manifesto, and hope it will continue to evolve.
>
> I have a sort of general concern though, about the way we think and talk
> about "safety." I should say up front, I don't have a solution in mind --
> but I think it's important to think this through carefully.
>
> Of course we want to establish a safe space, but I think we have a
> responsibility not to talk about safety in terms that go beyond what we can
> reasonably provide. And our list which is publicly archived. Even if we are
> diligent about dealing with bad faith *participation* on the list, we have
> absolutely no ability to exclude anyone from reading the list, or linking to
> or commenting on it elsewhere on the Internet.
>
> As it stands right now (with open sign-up and public list archives), I
> don't feel great about putting emphasis on encouraging people to voice
> frustrations or, more generally, to feel safe. It doesn't seem responsible.
>
> -Pete

Sandra Ordonez
Web Astronaut

"Helping you rock out in the virtual world."

*www.collaborativenation.com*