You can compare how different language Wikipedias use images in the
same article using Manypedia.
All images appearing in the articles are conveniently grouped on top
of it, and if you mouse over them, you can see a larger version.

For example, below you find links of comparisons of the page "Bikini"
between English and Chinese, Czech, Persian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian
http://manypedia.com/#|en|Bikini|zh
http://manypedia.com/#|en|Bikini|cs
http://manypedia.com/#|en|Bikini|fa
http://manypedia.com/#|en|Bikini|ja
http://manypedia.com/#|en|Bikini|ko,
http://manypedia.com/#|en|Bikini|lv

But you can search any page in any language and compare it with any
other language just using the controls on top of the interface.

We've created Manypedia with the goal of easing
cross-linguistic/cultural investigations so I would love to hear your
feedback about it.
Enjoy! ;)

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 5:57 AM, Emily Monroe <emilymonro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about using the German article to help out with the English one, and
> refactoring/deleting anything on the talk page that talks about anything
> except the article it's attached to?
>
> From,
> Emily
>

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Arnaud HERVE <arnaudhe...@x-mail.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> I just found an example which seems to me exemplary of a male dominated
>> disaster :
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini
>>
>> In the Article page what struck me as wrong was :
>>
>> 1) The Sports bikini in beach volleyball photo, which has non pertinent
>> erotic content imho
>>
>> 2) The chapter about male underwear, which seems to me so inappropriate
>> AND ridiculous I can't even begin to describe it.
>>
>> In the Discussion page there is totally male point of view discussion
>> about whether the girl in red is in good shape enough.
>>
>> Then there is the raging Outrage comment which I fear might become
>> systematic if you leave the door opened for that. I have never seen a
>> kid being shocked by going to the beach and seeing bikinis. That's a
>> perverse erotic assumption imho, under the guise of high morality.
>>
>> I took the time to have a look at the German page :
>>
>> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini
>>
>> 1) The first photo is semantically right, it shows better that bikinis
>> are used to go the beach and swimming
>>
>> 2) The history chapter is better developed
>>
>> 3) The gallery and the drawings aptly show different kinds of bikinis
>>
>> 4) No ridiculous male underwear content
>>
>> Also, there was a beach sports photo which seemed to me much better and
>> devoid of erotic content yesterday. But sadly it's been removed at the
>> moment I speak. It was this one :
>>

>> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Beach_volleyball-Huntington_Beach-California_1.jpg
>>
>> Ah yes and also the discussion on the German page is more competent and
>> calm imho.
>>
>> So as a conclusion, the German bikini page represents for me a right
>> state of mind and proper educational content, fit to be used in a school
>> with students interested in fashion. The English page seems to me more
>> influence by more or less lunatic authors, or authors less interested in
>> knowledge.
>>
>> Arnaud

Paolo Massa
Email: paolo AT gnuband DOT org