woot woot. :D  There have been two news stories about women on the front
page of Wikinews in the past two days.  (Both are sport stories about
softball.)  It is nice to see front page coverage for them.

If you haven't written for Wikinews, I highly encourage you to do so.  The
style guide can be found at
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Wikinews:Style_guideand if you follow the
directions, it is pretty easy to get your article
published, have it appear in Google News searchers and appear on the front
page.   I wrote up my first editing experience at
http://editors.wikinewsie.org/2012/03/writing-for-wikinews-for-the-first-time/laura-on-mainpage/.
 I found the process much easier, especially for original research,
than
English Wikipedia.  The expectations are very clear.  There is a review
process to let you know issues.  The people helping have been fantastic and
are pretty accessible for asking questions.  If you do an interview with
some one or some other original reporting, you can use the source you
create for Wikipedia as an article source.  (Though sadly, not for
notability.)

It would be great to see a wider variety of women's topics covered on
wikinews. :)

--
twitter: purplepopple
blog: ozziesport.com