Frankly, I don't know why this is a "feminist" issue; rather than an
issue of common sense.

It is not a finite list, and for the vast majority of people on the
list, being a vegetarian is hardly responsible for even the smallest
piece of their notability; it is an arbitrary piece of trivia for most
of them. Take http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Lagarde for
example, her vegetarianism is but an afterthought in her biography,
yet she is being placed as the most prominent vegetarian in that
article. I would argue that this is taking the whole "feminist" issue
to its most illogical and extreme.

And it is open to "western bias". Take the number of Indians on the
list, for example. There are only TWENTY Indians on the list. If we
transplant the 31% of Indians who are vegetarians
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism_by_country#India) to this
list, 31% of subjects of Indian biographical articles should be placed
in this article (all things considered same-same). And if we did want
to use the "lead photo" to depict a truly known vegetarian, one could
ask why Gandhi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gandhi#Vegetarianism_and_food)
has been relegated to below several people whom the average person has
never heard of (with the likely exception of Natalie Portman and
Martina Navratilova). This is a precise example of said western bias
in action.

The common sense approach would ask, why do we need a [[List of
vegetarians]] in the first place, when [[:Category:Vegetarians]] would
be a much better way to handle such infinite lists.

I appreciate that people want to remove an over-the-top amount of
adult entertainers from the list, and rightly so, but again I fear
that the bigger picture has yet again been missed, and people are
looking at things from the wrong perspective.

Cheers,

Russavia