I wanted to throw in another potential way to measure systemic bias…

I find it interesting to see which international award-winners have Wikipedia
profiles (note credit to this idea should go as much to
http://wikimedia.org.au/wiki/User:Jayvdb as we were discussing it when I was
creating an article about Preecha Siri).

For example, I created the page about Aleta Baun only recently, linked here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldman_Environmental_Prize

It's interesting to note that with this award:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_Heroes_Awards only the husband of the 2011
couple who received the special award has a profile, though his wife was joint
recipient.

For anyone seeking new biographies to contribute to, the red links in those two
pages could be good places to start :)

Cheers, Cobi