Carol: My guess is that pretty much everyone commenting here has and
continues to, read the GGTF case. I also agree that Eric can be harsh and
his use of certain words offends people. Likewise others in this case also
didn't act very well.

Personally I think the term he used or the references you used are only
offensive if people let them be and a lot of folks seem to be acting like
children about using "naughty" words and language. Personally, I agree with
your metaphor and it suits the situation quite well because I think parties
on both sides of this debate are getting screwed and I don't think the
Arbcom result is going to do anything but make sure no one wants to touch
any gender/gender gap related articles.

Its also noteworthy that disruption of talk pages is a common tactic used
on WP by both sides of arguments, that's not an Eric specific thing but I
do agree that needs to be addressed as an institutional problem on the
project in general including the Arbcom. Turning pages into a battle
grounds to justify blocks are something I have become familiar with lately.

Sarah: My guess is that calling one Mr. and one Carol is because they do
not know if its Miss, Ms. or Mrs and Mr. is what it is. I doubt its
deliberately being disrespectful to her.