On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Carol Moore dc <carolmoor...@verizon.net>
wrote:

> Speculation on the monetary gain definition of fraud is lots of
> fun. However,  we all know fraud has a wider meaning as
> two dictionary definitions show.
>
> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraud
> 1 a :  deceit, trickery; specifically :  intentional perversion of truth
> in order to induce another to part with something of value or to surrender
> a legal right
> b :  an act of deceiving or misrepresenting :  trick
> 2. a :  a person who is not what he or she pretends to be : impostor; also
> :  one who defrauds :  cheat
> b :  one that is not what it seems or is represented to be
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fraud?s=t
> noun
> 1. deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated
> for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
> 2. a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election
> frauds.
> 3. any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a
> waste of time.
> 4. a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.
>
> I think most people who were victim of some false
> email pretending they engaged in obnoxous or
> illegal behavior would say the email was a fraud
> and the person who sent it was one too..

 I suspect "Internet fraud" has a narrower definition. In any case, an IP
with a single edit removing information that someone else asked be removed
is not proof even of deception, let alone any definition of fraud. And as
convincing as LB's protests sound (and they do sound convincing), Risker
and other people with CU experience have declined to overturn or speak
against the block extension.