Thanks for that. A few other things that is worth noting.

* There is an excellent journal article by Joanne Baker, "The ideology of
choice. Overstating progress and hiding injustice in the lives of young women:
Findings from a study in North Queensland, Australia"
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S027753950700088X
>"The implications of an invigorated conservative, masculinist agenda disguised
>in a women's rights discourse are discussed." (pp. 53)

* The Social Network was produced by Kevin Spacey / Dana Brunetti's Trigger
Street Productions who I've mentioned before
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/gendergap/2014-June/004388.html
(their website Trigger Street Labs, whose message boards allowed all kinds of
sexism to go by unchecked, is to close down this month
http://labs.triggerstreet.com/ ). They have also co-produced Fifty Shades of
Grey which is due out on Valentine's Day
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifty_Shades_of_Grey_%28film%29

* It might be worth getting statistics on female v male editors likelihood of
exiting talk page discussions once their views are challenged.

* Come to think of it, it might be worth getting statistics on female v male
editors
likelihood of having a request for mediation rejected.

Marie