There was one very silly comment at the blog entry
http://blog.wikimedia.org/2015/05/01/meet-the-inspire-grantees/

So I couldn't help commenting on what I see as the big problem...

Having lots more edit-a-thons, etc. to get women to try Wikipedia is great. But we can’t keep just ignoring the biggest problem – which is guys, individually and too often in small groups, who don’t like or think important information about women or which might be somewhat more interesting to women than men. And they just don’t like women coming into their “turf”, be it by adding information, opining on talk pages or – Heavens forbid! – reverting them. In other words – sexism. They often ignore a woman’s positive contributions but are quick to criticize harshly anything they disagree with. Other guys may have qualms about or even strongly dislike this kind of behavior, but most of them will not repeatedly criticize it or fight to stop it. This kind of sexism is rife among editors, administrators and arbitrators. And probably too many Wikimedia Foundation employees. Ending sexism has to be more action oriented from the top down if Wikipedia is going to make it easier for women to edit, or to edit while they admit they are female.