On 12 April 2018 at 17:33, Henk P. Penning <penn...@uu.nl> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2018, sebb wrote:
>
>> Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 17:53:42 +0200
>> From: sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
>> To: general@attic.apache.org
>> Subject: attic_filter suggestions
>>
>> The new filter is great as it makes the Attic's job much simpler.
>

>   Yep ; it does ; a bit.
>
>> However it looks a bit odd to see the project name only in lower case;
>> it would be nice if it showed the name in the correct format.
>

>   Work is still in progress ; we'll make it nicer, if easy and robust.
>
>> For many projects that just means capitalising the first letter.
>>
>> For others there could be a conversion table.
>>
>> Also, the marker is currently implemented as a directory containing an
>> empty file of the same name, e.g.
>>
>> flagged/oltu.apache.org/oltu.apache.org
>

>   That is (for now) a safeguard ; what happened is that the
>   'show-a-banner' condition :
>
>     -d /var/attic.apache.org/flagged/%{HTTP_HOST}
>
>   was mangeled by puppet and effectively was
>
>     -d /var/attic.apache.org/flagged/

Yes, because % is special to puppet.

>   so, for a few minutes /every/ TLP got a banner ...
>
>> That seems a bit unnecessary; surely it would be enough to just have a
>> file under flagged?
>

>   ... work is still in progress.

The condition is now:

 <If "-d '/var/www/attic.apache.org/flagged/%%{}{HTTP_HOST}'">

It does not check the nested file I think which can just be deleted.

Seems to me it would be better to just have files in the directory,
i.e. change the condition to:

 <If "-f '/var/www/attic.apache.org/flagged/%%{}{HTTP_HOST}'">

>   We will have to see if this works for all GHOST.apache.org sites ;
>   As is, some oltu.apache.org pages don't show the banner.

For example?