Sent from my iPad

> On 19 Apr 2018, at 22:02, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 19 April 2018 at 19:41, Jan Iversen <j...@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>> Sent from my iPad

>> Personally I think it is a mistake. json is rather simple, and are supported
>> everywhere. Yaml on the other hand is less supported (e.g. looked for an
>> online validator without success). Safari and xcode formats json nicely
>> whereas yaml is viewed as raw text.
>
> The problem is that JSON gets very messy for anything but a short text string.
> This is not particularly obvious with the current contents, because
> the longest text string is the description.
> But even now, some of the lines are very long.
I do not understand what “messy” means, json allows multiple lines text (see in
my attic.js) using a ` instead of a “, that way yaml and json are equal “messy”.

I have another project where json is used to store translations (loaded with
php), and that is sometimes 3/4 of a page, easy readable due to the multiline
feature.

but please see this as just a factual correction, if you prefer yaml I am the
last to go against it.

rgds
jan i