> On 22 Apr 2018, at 16:53, Henk P. Penning <penn...@uu.nl> wrote:
>
> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, j...@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 15:53:52 +0200
>> From: j...@apache.org
>> To: general@attic.apache.org
>> Subject: New maintenance.
>
>> Based on site-json I propose the following changes:
>>
>> Change docs/scripts/attic.js to project.json (kept as pure json outside
>> docs).
>
>  Also, I /really/ would like to have the .json available for 'others',
>  so inside docs/ please.
>
>  Let's call the .json 'attic.json' ;
>  for 'others' the .json describes what PMC attic has done.
OK

>> Remove xdocs.
>
>  Ok.
>
>> Allow a build job to monitor for svn changes and if any active a
>> generation script.
>>
>> The generation script does the following:
>> - generate a sidebar.inc which is included (physically in all files)
>> - Generate a page pr. project in projects, based on a 1 template
>>  “project.md” or similar
>
>  Eh, no ; if the build scripts creates the attic.js (from a template
>  and 'attic.json') we are done ; this is much closer to what we have
>  now.

I would not use attic.js any longer, it is not needed if we have a build job
that generates whatever needs to be generated.

>> - Generate a flagged directory (if field “flag” is present in the JSON
>> object”)
>
>  perhaps we should go with 'retired' (as opposed to 'flagged/')
>  after all ; this makes it easier to fix the httpd config as
>  a separate issue ; we'll rm -rf flagged/ later.
Agree to that.

>> Ps. I can help to change attic.js, but I am afraid the generate script is
>> for someone else to write.
>
>  Can we please go for a simple Makefile ? So we can simply do :
>
>    -- svn up
>    -- edit json
The part above is online and not part of the build job
>    -- make
>    — commit
Those 2 should be build job.

> Sebb,
>
>  I am totally ignorant re: build stuff ; can the build stuff run a make ?
Make or just a script, that is something I would leave to Sebb to decide
whatever is easier to make and maintain.

To me the “edit json” is the real important part, the rest is just “magic”
happening :-)

rgds
Jan I