On 29 April 2018 at 10:29, Henk P. Penning <penn...@uu.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2018, sebb wrote:
>
>> Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 11:14:27 +0200
>> From: sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
>> To: general@attic.apache.org
>> Subject: Applying banners to ghost.[eu|us].apache.org hosts
>>
>> At present the banners are only applied to the generic host,e.g.
>>
>> http://oltu.apache.org/
>>
>> They don't get applied to the underlying mirrors, i.e.
>>
>> http://oltu.eu.apache.org/
>> http://oltu.us.apache.org/
>>
>> One way round this is to create extra directories for the banners.
>>
>> Is there a better way?
>> e.g. can HTTP_HOST be converted into a variable containing only the
>> host rather than the FQDN?
>> (This is obviously trivial in shell, but it has to be done cheaply in
>> the HTTPD server)
>

>   This is for infra to decide ; and for us to provide what's needed.

Until now Attic has taken responsibility for changing the website
which automatically fixes all the hosts.

The banner solution pushes part of the work onto Infra (at least initially)

How will the eu/us hosts get fixed?
Does it need an Infra JIRA?

>   I see you already issued a pull-request for a rule change ;
>   please tell infra to wait with this.

Does it matter if the extra rules are in place for a while?

>   It should be started when the time is ripe, and then quickly ;
>   not dragged out over a who-knows-how long period.
>
>   Implementation MUST be done in the right order,
>   and preferably one-thing-at-a-time (excuse my English).

Indeed, which is why I created the PR.