On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 08:52, Joey Kelly wrote:
> Thou spake:
> >On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 10:33, Brad N Bendily wrote:
> >> Does anyone have experience with video capture software and
> >> can suggest software? (That runs on windows?)
> >
> >I have done quite a bit of video capturing and editing, however, it has
> >all been done using Linux.
>
> So what do you use for Linux?
>
> --Joey

I personally use XawTV for the capture in AVI format then I use
mjpegtools.  With mjpegtools comes glav which I use for editing what I
have captured with XawTV.  Glav is GUI, but all of my other tools work
from the CLI.  From what I understand, Cinerella (sp) is very nice.  I
have not yet tried it.

All in all, I have been successful in taking video footage from my
camcorder, converting it to mpeg, and burning it to a disc for my family
in Florida.

-K

--
"It's not just what you don't know. The real tragedy is that you don't
know what you don't know. If you only knew the magnitude of how that

Registered Linux User No. 258289