Thanks for the good news.

I was very discouraged yesterday by  lectures given to the incoming graduate
students at LSU.  The University, aka the state, now claims ownership to all
"IP" of all students as well as faculty and staff.  While they offer a
generous 40% of all royalty payments generated, the overall idea expressed by
the head of LSU's IP office was, "we own you."  Yes, he used those exact
words.  Worse terms were promissed on behalf of future employers, though they
are rumored to pay salaries and benefits to people.  The attitude was,
essentially, without us you are nothing, therefore you owe us everything.
This leads to bad things.